Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back in the States

Just a quick post. I realize that if I don't update this blog, it's pretty much pointless. So, to my readers, here is what has been going on.


I'm back in the United States after my tour in Iraq. I'm out at Fort Lewis, Washington at the moment, doing some outprocessing. Should be home by this time next week, but who can say with the Army.

I've been getting in the gym regularly still, as there's not much else to do to keep myself occupied. CrossFit remains my torture/exercise of choice. I'm probably going to venture outside onto the running track today or tomorrow and check out the fitness circuit.

These fitness circuits are a great way to get outside, exercise, and have some fun while doing it. There was one in Columbus, Georgia when I lived there, and one on Fort Benning. Basically, it's a mile or mile and a half track, with exercise stations at intervals along the way. You can run, walk, do whatever in between the stations. Stations consist of stretches, situps, dips, pullups, and similar exercises. In generally, I find them pretty fun and good for when I want a lighter workout. Doing them with a partner, or in a group can create a sense of community, and support some of the less physically fit individuals.

This is my plan with the outdoor fitness group when I get it started, which won't be until probably around July or so.

That's all for now, I will post again when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment